SHIPWELD consortium is composed of entities located in four different regions in the Atlantic Area (Basque Country, Galicia, Pays de la Loire, Bretagne, Norte Portugal and South Wales) that are characterized by long established position in ship building. All partners possess world-class human and technical shipbuilding resources appropriate for achieving the project objectives. They also have extensive experience of working with industry and in European and national ship building projects. Their complementary expertise will ensure a technological progress in the shipbuilding sector allowing a better cohesion between the regions in the Atlantic Area. This will enable the effective exchange and transfer of the scientific and technological shipbuilding knowledge generated from the project to teams within and beyond the SHIPWELD partnership. The consortium comprises:
1. Tecnalia (Co-ordinator), Spain,
2. Instituto de Soldadura e Qualidade (ISQ), Portugal,
3. IRCCyN, Ecole Centrale Nantes, France,
4. Universidad de Vigo, Spain,
5. STX France SA, France, and
6. MEC, School of Engineering, Cardiff University, UK.